Whenever we want to sell a used auto vehicle, the first platform that pops up in our minds is Craigslist. Several people even sell their junk cars on Craigslist, but there are several dangers to selling your car on Craigslist. Let’s take a look.
While the internet has made shopping considerably easier for everyone, we can’t still ignore the fact that it is the biggest place for getting scammed. Craigslist, the cheapest advertisement space on the web, has now become the favorite place for scammers as well.
Several people get tricked on Craigslist. Here’s how you can avoid getting scammed.
- Payments should always be conducted in person.
- Don’t enter your financial information, such as your bank account details.
- Try to leverage this platform only as a local resource. Don’t deal with buyers who’re away from your neighborhood.
- Never share personal information such as phone numbers.
Selling items like furniture and electronics is one thing, but selling a car is a completely different scene. To purchase a car, the buyer needs to inspect it in detail, and for a detailed inspection, they’re more likely to ask you to provide your address.
Providing your address to a stranger is quite risky.
- Make sure you share a clear photo of the car, but it shouldn’t display your home or family.
- Remove geo-tagging on the photos
- Have somebody accompany you when you meet the buyer
- Don’t share personal information with the buyer
- Only meet up with them at a place that’s away from your residence
Some other risks include time constraints. Selling a car on Craigslist may take a lot of time, and you’re never sure when you’ll receive the payment.
In addition, the paperwork would be quite extensive, and you’ll have to invest a lot of time in negotiations and bargaining.
If you want to get in touch with a reliable junk vehicle removal service in Bartlett to sell your used/ wrecked car, we’re here to help! At Chips 4 Whips, we can help you sell junk cars Germantown TN at cost-effective prices. We’re one of the most dependable junk car dealership companies in the US that have a team of highly experienced workers on board.
We aim to help our clients get some cash for their junk cars and contribute towards sustainability. Check out their services today!
Contact our representatives to learn about our services and how we practice sustainability in all our practices.