Like every other machine, your vehicle has a finite lifespan, and no matter how meticulously you take of your car, eventually, you have to let it go.
One of the best ways to say goodbye to your old comrade is to sell it to a junkyard for recycling. It helps the environment by minimizing the waste that goes to landfills and reduces the requirement of new resources to manufacture new cars
If you haven’t sold a car before to a junkyard, knowing about what to do and what to avoid is very important.
Here are the dos and don’ts of getting rid of your old car.
- Conduct research: In light of the increasing number of older vehicles, there are a lot of junkyards popping up in the market. However, they do not offer the same service and value. Therefore, it’s important to do research and find a reputable junkyard to get rid of your old car.
- Care for the environment: Selling your old vehicle to the junkyard can not only help you make some quick cash, but will also provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the preservation of the environment. Choose a junkyard that removes hazardous fluids and salvageable parts from the car and then recycles your car in a responsible manner.
- Consider a donation: If you’re financially stable and don’t care much about the money, you can donate your junk car to a trustworthy junkyard. It can be used for rescue training purposes by the fire department and police forces or perhaps for educational purposes.
- Don’t provide inaccurate information: You should never lie about the details and specifications of your car to earn more money. A junkyard may make a higher offer based on your false description, but once they find out about that you misrepresented your car’s information, they’ll not pay you as per the same offer you’ll have to settle for an undercut payment.
- Don’t sell it piece by piece: Some people strip parts of their old car and sell them separately online in order to make extra cash, but it’s never a good idea. In most cases, you’re likely to get a better deal by selling your car to a junkyard without having to go through the hassle of finding buyers to purchase the used parts of your car.
- Don’t agree to deliver your car: A reputable junkyard will always pick up the car from your location instead of asking you to deliver it to their address. Agreeing to deliver it yourself can cost you a decent amount of money—especially if your junk car is not in working condition.
If you’re looking to sell your broken car Memphis and get paid in cash instantly, contact Chips4Whips. We offer efficient and eco-friendly solution to our clients to get rid of their old junk for a good value.
We also provide towing services to our clients who want to sell scrap cars Memphis. For further information on our services, feel free to give us a call at 901-949-3656 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.